Dec 24, 2014

Travel Guide: The Cheesecake Factory

December 6th (I know, I know, I'm very late) was the first Saturday I was totally unburdened by school - classes were over, my finals were done, and there was a gluten free cookie exchange in San Antonio. I made German Chocolate Cake Cookies and made the two and a half hour drive. The weather was beautiful. I was a very happy cookie. 

My parents were going to go with me, but decided against it that morning. Meagan was taking the LSAT. People were busy, and I hadn't made plans past the cookie exchange. I ended up at La Cantera, since it was close and I really like it. The plan was to find a dress for graduation. Instead, I walked around for a little bit, got hungry, and then realized that I wanted a book if I was going to eat alone. Half an hour and two books from the awesome two-story Barnes & Noble later, I found myself searching for something to eat. 

There are a couple apps I use when I'm out and about in a different city, but neither were very helpful. It wasn't the apps fault - my internet was slow. Anyway, after some searching, googling, and decision making, I ended up at The Cheesecake Factory. I'd never been before, so I asked if they had a gluten free menu. The hostess told me that GF options were labeled right on the regular menu, so I took a little buzzer thing and a menu and waited. 

When I got a table (which was relatively soon after I sat down) and denied the possibility that I was waiting for someone, and ordered a drink and the gluten free, lunch version of the Four Cheese Pasta with chicken. I figured that since it was technically lunchtime, and I don't eat a lot anyway, a smaller lunch portion was better. There was also the whole "it's cheaper and I don't know if I'll even like it" aspect. Spoiler alert: I'm drooling just thinking about it and I just ate. 
I started reading THIRTEEN REASONS WHY and pretty much crossed my fingers that it didn't get sad before I got out of public. Then my food came. GUYS. 
It was really freaking good. There was enough chicken so that I wasn't just eating adult mac 'n cheese, and the cheeses all worked really well together. I was pleasantly surprised. I won't babble on about a bunch of things that make me sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I will definitely order it again. 

Oh, and then I got Starbucks for the ride home (no one should be surprised at that) (:


4 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy :D I'm extremely jealous. I had no idea Cheesecake Factory had gluten-free food, but now I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised! We should definitely take a trip to SA and go eat there (:

      Delete
  2. I love The Cheesecake Factory! I always order the four cheese pasta. Next time, try their Godiva Flourless Cheesecake. :) I know some people have posted about having negative experiences at Cheesecake Factory, but I've always had great experiences with their staff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I'm so excited to go back (: Yeah, I had a great experience with everyone I encountered. I guess we'll see, but it was a wonderful first impression!

      Delete