Mar 2, 2015

February favorites

It's weird sitting here on one of the last days of the month, trying to figure out what I enjoyed most the past twenty-something days. I'm going to go with the hope that this will get easier as I do more of them (someone from the future, tell me how December's looks).
Top of my list has to be the trios gluten free girl scout cookies. They're pitched as "chocolate chips nestled in a gluten free peanut butter oatmeal cookie". They live up to their name. I really enjoy them with a cup of tea. They do get a little crumbly, so eat over a plate (or stuff the whole cookie in your mouth) and have something to drink with them.
Next up, but not loved any less, would be the glutino gluten free wafer bites. I'm particularly fond of both the hazelnut (pictured) and the chocolate covered flavors (the other option is lemon, and I haven't tried it, but I would bet it's good as well). They're cute little cookies and I enjoy eating a zillion of them at a time. That's a teacup saucer they're sitting in, by the way.
I've fallen in love with the Peach Pleasure Smoothie from Jamba Juice. I'm a little late to the Jamba party here, but Meagan wanted a smoothie and I figured I'd try one... mine's on the left (in case you didn't get that by the whole PEACH thing :p). Guys, it's good. They have gluten free information on their website, so that's cool!
The next one is a longtime favorite - Pamela's Pancake & Baking mix. I LOVE these pancakes. They're so dang good and easy to make, and just remind me of childhood weekends. I've tried other brands and sure, there are other good ones, but I always come back to Pamela's.
Last, but certainly not least, for this month is the new gluten free Special K cereal. I have NEVER been a big cereal eater. You take the fun kid cereals away from a five year old, and they're not too thrilled with crispy rice or slightly tasty peanut butter cereal (okay, the peanut butter puffs one I DID like, but not for long periods of time and always without milk). Cut to now, with Chex having gluten free options, Fruity Pebbles being labeled (shhhh they're good), and now Special K... I'm starting to enjoy cold breakfasts again. ALSO, Cheerios are slated to be gluten free this summer, so I'm SUPER pumped about that.
***
That's it for this month's favorites! One of these days, I'll get around to including things that aren't food :p Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment