Jan 25, 2015

rule #78

Several years ago, my friend (we'll call her J) and I took a page out of Gibbs' book and started coming up with our own 'rules of life'. They're pretty great - almost all are relevant to everyday life, and they're good things to remember.
We haven't added any new ones in a while, and I've since taken our rules and made my own list. As time goes on, I'm sure I'll cut them down even more and rearrange some, but for now, it's our original list with some rules redacted and a few added.
Up until yesterday, no one had ever contributed to a rule besides Meagan (aside from J and I... and the few we took from NCIS).
Bruce added #78: Know what to take seriously.
At first, I took it a little like a joke. That's so HIM, and so not me, and it's funny. I take things so much more seriously than he does, so of course that would be his addition.
I've been thinking about it, though, and maybe he's right. Maybe getting so worked up over the little things really isn't the best way to live life.
[I'm mocking myself here; of course it's not the way to live life, but somehow, my brain refuses to understand that.]

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, other than it's a new rule and I'm thinking about it a lot more than I have any other rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment