Feb 9, 2015

January Favorites

My plan with this little series is to highlight a few of my favorite gluten free items - meals, recipes, restaurants, snacks, whatever - new or old. I'm going to try not to repeat a product, even if I still LOVE it. The point is to get out products and my thoughts on them. (: I'm totally open to suggestions, so let me know what YOU like and I'll try it!
These aren't in any specific order - just what came to mind first throughout the month.

Van's Gluten Free Snack Bars - Blueberry & Peanut Butter Sandwich Bars
These are a new find for me. I like pb&j's, but I don't like packing them. Way messy, cold and/or soggy bread... pass. Cut to these puppies. They're snack bars, which is GREAT for travel or school, and they're blueberry (yum). They also come in strawberry, but I'm allergic to strawberries... so I can't tell you how those taste.

Annie's Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Gluten Free Granola Bars
Another snack bar, Cassidy? Really? Yes, really. I like snack bars. They're super convenient when I need to grab something and go to class. These are good - they're chewy (duh), which I like in a granola bar.

Red Berry Ciroc Vodka
...mixed with Capri Sun. It makes Capri Funs - the adult version of one of my favorite little kid drink. (: There's been some confusion and disagreements on the internet regarding the flavored vodka, so I emailed the company this month. They came back and said that yes, it was, in fact, gluten free. YAY!
(I have been informed that Capri Funs are actually something different, but just roll with me on this one.)

Hershey's Pot of Gold Valentine's Assorted Chocolates
Hershey's is pretty good about not hiding gluten in their products, but I called the company just in case. They cleared the Pot of Gold boxes as gluten free, which makes me a VERY happy little penguin. Click here to read the rest of my thoughts on this lovely product.


(the rest of these will hopefully be a little better done...and out sooner. Life's been a little hectic lately. xx)

No comments:

Post a Comment