Sep 26, 2014

caffeinated coffee

I cut almost all caffeine out of my diet in December of 2010. I'd been drinking tea since I was old enough to hold a cup and caffeine literally had no effect on me anymore. I figured that once I was in college, I would need caffeine boosts to stay awake for the promised all-nighters. My solution was to switch to decaf so that when needed, my cup of tea would actually do it's job.

I had a week-long headache. I was moody and sleepy and in pain. Can you say caffeine withdrawals?

It sucked.

But then, it was fine. I learned to like decaf (and now I prefer it), and it didn't affect my sleep schedule.

It was fine for a couple years. Then, I tried to use the caffeine to get a boost. Basically, what happened is that it kicked in with full force and I got REALLY hyper, twitchy, and generally jittery. It was terrible. Also, I've discovered that if I drink any caffeine - even soda - after two in the afternoon, I can't get to sleep before midnight. I've definitely had a Dr. Pepper with dinner and ended up being awake until about four in the morning.

This post is brought to you by a very caffeinated Cassidy. This feeling sucks. Oh my gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment