Oct 20, 2014

college update

Last week was a little hectic.
And by a little hectic, I mean really freaking hectic.

I had an accounting ethics midterm due Wednesday, two midterms on Thursday, and rehearsals Thursday & Friday. Deadlines at work were Wednesday (and the 20th)... so that was fun.

The Grad Gala at my university was the 14th and 15th of this month. All it is, really, is all of the stuff you need (or don't need) for graduation - cap & gown, lei (I go to an Island university. We wear leis at graduation), an alumni shirt, a graduation shirt, pictures, the graduation DVD... all that nonsense. There are tables for the alumni association, career services, and grad school stuff. It's great - a little overwhelming - but also nice to be able to deal with it all in one place. Luckily for me, it's in the building that I spend most of my time in. I bought my cap & gown on the first day and the lei and t-shirts on the second day. I hadn't quite decided if I wanted them on day 1. Like I said, it was a little overwhelming.

I've elected to not take the GMAT because it isn't required for me to get into the MBA program at TAMUCC. There were a lot of factors that played into this decision, but the main one was not wanting to spend $250 on a test that I wasn't ready for, that would only be useful for getting into a school that I probably wouldn't go to.

My grad school application is due November 15th. I think. I hope.

I've got a rough draft of a finance paper due on the 29th. Exams on the 3rd and 4th. Shows starting on the 6th. MFT (major field test) on the 8th. Finance project due on the 10th. Capstone presentation on either the 11th or the 13th. Ethics presentation on the 19th. Exam on the 25th. One final paper due December 2nd and another final paper AND a final exam due on the 4th. I think I have a final exam somewhere in there.

I want to throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment