Oct 20, 2014

what's in my grocery basket?

(please bear with me as I learn to use blogger and the picture editing apps... I can't get my watermark the same size yet. carry on.)  

I've managed to avoid going to the grocery store for a while now, due to school and play rehearsals and work. Still, I've wanted to post one of these, so when my dad came home today with groceries, I jumped on the chance of giving you a look at what we buy. Shoutout to my parents for putting up with me arranging the groceries on the kitchen table...
EVERYTHING in this picture is naturally gluten free. Nothing special, nothing funky. Just regular products off the shelves at HEB.

Okay, that's a lot of stuff. Zooming in...
  • extra virgin olive oil 
  • Newman's Own Tomato & Basil (for my mom's spaghetti!) 
  • Ragu Pizza Quick 
  • mushrooms 
  • eggs 
  • Chai tea (more to come on this one... I'm really excited) 
  • Dole diced peaches 
  • Lay's Stax (see below - it's labeled!) 
  • HEB ground beef (meat doesn't have gluten in it unless there are fillers. 100% ground beef has no fillers.) 
  • Johnsonville Italian Sausage (see below)  

Note that while I just said meat is gluten free, there are LOTS of sausages that aren't gluten free. Johnsonville label their products, so I go with them. (Plus, well, they're good.) 

The other side of the table...
  • Gebhardt refried beans 
  • McCormick ground white pepper 
  • HEB gluten free pasta - spaghetti noodles and penne pasta 
  • Del Monte tomato sauce 
  • Kraft Mild Cheddar cheese 
  • Hill Country Fare Mozzarella cheese
  • walnuts 
  • (the thing you can't see in this picture) Tostitos original restaurant style chips (below) 

 Also: fruit and vegetables. Naturally gluten free. That's all.

That's all for today! Let me know if you have any questions about any of these things.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment