Oct 25, 2014

gluten free garlic bread

(did I maybe get my watermarks the same size?!)

Right. Garlic bread. It's super easy - I promise. Get some gluten free bread. It can be the butts. It can be broken pieces. It can even be different kinds of bread. See the four slightly lighter pieces in the top right corner of the pan? I don't even LIKE that bread when I use it for sandwiches. This was a last ditch attempt to see if I could use the entire loaf for something, or if it needed to be tossed. (Spoiler alert: I liked it. I'll keep it.) 

I use Canyon Bakehouse - mostly because I use that for sandwiches and toast, so I have it. You also need butter (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is my preference for these, but regular butter works too), garlic salt, and parmesan cheese. 
 Take the full piece of bread, butter it on both sides, sprinkle a little garlic salt and cheese on both sides, and then put it down. I put foil on the tray for easier cleanup. Cut the bread into your desired breadstick shapes, and then stick it in the toaster oven. (You could probably also use an oven, but I didn't.)
 I put it on toast for a while at ~350F, and then switch to broil. It's all done just by sight - when the look like they need to be flipped, I flip them. When they look done, I take them out. That's why some of the ones in the picture below look a little burnt - they got a little too toasty. Still really good.
Honestly, it's that simple. Mine take about 25 minutes from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment